Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Parting void

There was so much inside me

when you said goodbye
words froze within the surface
of the glaciers of my heart
in numbness the eyes couldn't speak
until i realized moments had come
in between to make us apart
i tried hard to negotiate with time
but alas it was too late
when i turned around
you were no more there
only remained were the
obliterated footsteps upon my fate
within a seconds explosion
distance of a lifetime was fathomed
but the road that you walked on
was my shadow left abandoned
i wanted to call you
a thosands world away
but you had gone
didn't even let your memories stay
with a magical spell
you clinched my dawn
you took away the sunlight
and the seasons of spring
silent are the winds now
that once used to sing
yet i stand there all alone
where you left me
in the undiminishing hope
that one day you'll come
and resurrect me

No comments: