Monday, July 7, 2008

NosetaLgia - part 2

well.. coming to my pitiable story, it all happened on a drab sunday, the 29th of june, hours before the historic spanish victory in the euros. Well, what happened in my apartments was probably another epic battle, maybe not something like the euros, not because we are not in europe but in asia, but because it was really not that big an epic. I went down to an arousing reception just like what german captain michael ballack received later that day. And yeah, he got injured too that day. The teams were split, and as usual, i was supposedly a very strong player among the lot, the "best" some people say but only i knew about how horrible i was going to perform. With sachin, and kaushik in my side, we were supposed to win all our games. But then, i don't remember winning anything that day except for a high ball which i went for, won and yeah.. got injured in the process. Was it the stupidity of kaushik that caused my injury? Or was it my stupid attitude that drowned me? well.. talking about my very stupid attitude, what i actually meant was i was trying to show off that day, not show off to be precise but yeah, there were many on-lookers who were watching our game with interest, and i wanted to be the best player on the pitch. And then i was ditched. The ball went high. I went forward, kaushik came backward, and his spherical head banged into my already overpowered nose. Probably the best blooper of the year. i touched his head, and saw my hand, and i saw blood, it was a beautiful sight. And i still remember what i said to him then, "mate, you are bleeding, head injury".. he checked it out.. and it was a negative.. and only then did i realize a stream gushing down my own nose. blood, and even worse, a bent nose, or rather.. a further bend to an already bent nose. It literally was pointing towards south when my eyes were looking towards the west. Had to push it back slowly and steadily back to a respectable position, say south by south west. And yeah, i would like to thank the MRS pharmacy guys who showed great care and concern on the injured guy who had on numerous previous occasions sent the football rocketing into the shop. And alas ends the tale of the fallen hero. Hero? ok.. make it zero, coz i was no longer a hero after i fell. The rest.. is history, but yeah as i am running outta posts, i'll be pondering over that piece of history as well. Till then, its goodbye..!

1 comment:

Sid ! Football Freak ! said...

Lol..Best ever..! U making me relive those moments.! Hehe..

But screw that guy..Cuz of him, No barry to play footy downstairs..

NO BARRY, NO FOOTY.!